Hungary to go ahead with nuclear plant despite Austrian protest

Portfolio
The recent official protest of Austria notwithstanding, construction of the two new reactor blocks at the Paks nuclear power plant will begin as scheduled this February, Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó told Russian news agency TASS.
Although the Austrian government filed a claim against the European Commission’s earlier decision to greenlight the project, this will have no effect on the schedule, Szijjártó said.

“Everything is still on track, the investment is still on track, according to the schedule," the minister told journalists.

Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orbán is set to discuss the issue with Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz on January 30.
 

More in Energy

Mol Dunai Finomító Dufi kőolajvezeték barátság-vezeték friendship
August 22, 2025 08:24

Friendship pipeline under attack again, oil supply to Hungary suspended

Commander of Hungarian nationality also posted "Russians go home!" in Hungarian

Paks (2)
August 21, 2025 12:41

Rosatom announces target date for start of Paks II nuclear plant construction

Pouring of the 'first concrete' could take place in a few months

536266976_747495901509381_8251542086708841234_n
August 21, 2025 09:34

Hungary's oil and gas production reaches new heights in 2025

This year could be the strongest in the century so far, says minsitry

MVM Matrai Eromu Energiaügyi Minisztérium Facebook-oldala
August 14, 2025 15:25

Coal energy production hits all-time low in Hungary

IEA publishes interesting data for May 2025

August 14, 2025 13:33

Hungarian MoFA addresses drone attack on Druzhba oil pipeline

Reassures that transmission will be restored shortly

August 04, 2025 16:21

Hungary Mol inks important contract

With Kazakhstan's national oil company

LATEST NEWS
Charting is displayed using TradingView's technology, a platform, where you can build advanced charts, spot upcoming trends in the stock screener, and find inspiration in multiple trading ideas

Detailed search