Credit and Trade Finance Manager (x)
Join our Procurement Team and advance your career as a
Credit and Trade Finance Manager!
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- Advise on the most appropriate Letter of Credit (LC) type to be used for risk mitigation and working capital management
- Accurate issuance of Letters of Credit (LC) and Bank Guarantees (BG)
- Review, amendment and extension of LCs, BGs, Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC)
- LC and Open Credit discounting
- Oversee the day-to-day margining activity in support of the regional businesses
- Timely preparation of documents for banks to have signed and sent for SBLC issuance to 3rd parties
- Liaise and generate application for issuance based on Extended Payment LC recaps, verify with counterparty, and send to issuing bank
- Provide oversight and support credit risk rating activities of the trading business
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to reference data in terms of new trading counterparties, terms of which we trade and external rating changes
- Coordinate with the appropriate settlements team to ensure the systems accurately represent the risk we hold and provide timely and effective communications to the necessary regional teams
- Engage regional business on risks or concerns identified within the portfolio or activity
- Proactively monitor and assess limit utilisation making limit/ratings recommendations back to the various regional teams.
- Collect improvement opportunities and suggest development measures to increase productivity within the team
- Coach, develop and manage an effective team
What You will need to be successful:
- Relevant degree and minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Accounts Receivable, credit risk management or trade finance
- Managing a team in last 3-5 years
- Familiarity with Uniform Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP600) and International Standby Practices (ISP98)
- Experience in operational credit or trade finance role for multinational company or international/regional banks is needed
- Transaction Banking experience
- Fluency in English
- SAP knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of general accounting rules
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite especially Excel, Outlook and MS Word
- Experience at risk rating agency or Commercial Bank is an advantage
- Proven ability of building effective business relationships
- Understanding of fundamental credit drivers
- A sound understanding of commodity price structures
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days/week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.:Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.:Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.:Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
Job Family Group: Finance Group
Relocation available: Negotiable
Travel required: No
About BP: FINANCEJoin us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.